click to follow

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Diary Of Thoughts

I met a boy just like me, 5 ft plus alot, same kinda 'fro, same kinda dress sense with kicks to fit the toes.
Same interest in music; J.cole and Bryson, Riri and Aiko, Wiz and OBO, Eva and Savage. 

The same amount of life's energy depleted, the same amount of mileage.
The same spring in his steps when he walks, same sarcasm in his tone when he talks.
Is this the man in the mirror? If then who is the finest of them all.
Is it him? Is it me?
Are we both sitting pretty atop of the tree?
I wonder what he thinks of me?
My cap snapped back, probably cover my tracks in a tracksuit black.
In a black automobile and then I vroom!!!
Running away ... Running all my life.
Who outweighs what?
The fear of the known or that of the unknown?
Hence I became bolt Without any of the medals.
Still I couldn't get far enough ... I wouldn't get far enough even if my flight plan was illegal.
Still I met that which my feet quickened to haste for.
I met him, 5 foot plus with the 'fro and immediately i hit the floor.
I met me in the end and I wondered what all the running was for.
I can't escape me no matter how hard I try to alter the timeline.
The realization hits me hard like Clay's punch.
I make up my mind and in my head an idea lights up like a flaming torch.
Me and him we fist bump, we put on our twin denim jackets and face life head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment